I posted this on a forum and placed it here just for preservation, in case someone wishes to use it. It can be used on basically any Islamic forum, however I have not seen anyone put iot to action. Perhaps from lack of courage…
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen. Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa ala aali Muhammad kama sal-laita ala Ibrahim wa ala aali Ibrahim, innaka Hamidun Majeed. Allahumma barik ala Muhammad wa ala aali Muhammad kama barakta ala Ibrahim wa ala aali Ibrahim, innaka Hamidun Majeed.
I have a radical idea to change the problems we encounter, especially with the older generation (uncles, corrupt, mosque authorities, racist parents etc.)
And I think it will work. However this is just an experiment. I put the duaas up there so as to hope for Allah’s blessing in this endeavor. This is kind of a long term experiment.
I dare you…
1) You get an uncle/auntie/grandparents or someone who DOES NOT know you go on the main page of an Islamic website. This could your parents, but that might be too risky. They gotta be a little open-minded and perhaps what you would call ‘cool’. Use your discretion. Just say to them, “I hear this is a cool website…what do you think?” (shove link in their face)
2) Get them to read the articles. Don’t rush this. They have to really like this stuff. If they are really pissed off then you ABORT and show them something a little more Islamic instead so as to soothe them. Otherwise, if they like it or have mixed feelings move to step 3.
3) Introduce them to the forum on this website. Make sure you are signed out and have erased your history, otherwise they’ll stalk and spy on you and could possibly become a major nuance. Get them to read the forums. Ask them what they think.
4) Now if there is a specific issue that was nicely addressed on the forums and it’s an issue in your life, than get them to look at it.
Ex: marriage, homosexuality, depression, racism, religious conflicts, etc. The more you get them INTO the forum, the better. Get them addicted. Heck, tell them to make an account of their own if you have to.
NOTE: Making an account means access to certain section which may distract uncles. It can still be done as it will get them addicted but use your discretion. Also the if their are Brother’s and Sister’s sections it may be a little too much for them.
5) Now if things go really well, you can use them as support in tackling certain issues. They hopefully will get enough sympathy towards us young uns to help us out. EX: Your parents are being stupid so you get an uncle/auntie to back you up. If this is your grandparents or someone older than your parents it’s WAY better, because parents can’t argue with them.
Think of the forum as being one big long letter to them, from us. A list of complaints and strong voices for them to hear.
Imagine if everybody did this. On every forum. And even if it worked with a few people, how much change it could cause, Insha Allah!
If you agree to this challenge, then reply here. If we get even one or two people to do this, than we can get the mods to hide this thread away somewhere, (so ‘they’ don’t learn the plan) and report any progress. I know I make it sound simple and easy but Shaytaan is a huge factor in this, so making duaa will be an excellent idea.
Subhana kallahumma wa bihamdik ash-haduana la illaha illa ant astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk. Ameen.